Wednesday 17 September 2008

White Water Fowl



I now have counselling every Thursday afternoon in Fazakerley Hospital with a lovely man called Alan Corkish. He's an interesting guy who used to teach drama at one of my old schools and then retrained as a counsellor. He's still involved in the arts to this day.




During a recent session, he pointed out something to me. I talked about the only pub I feel relaxed in - The Swan in Liverpool City Centre, the fact that I like to walk along the canal bank and feed the water birds - including swans, and there were some other examples of swans turning up in my life which I've forgotten for the moment, but I bet I'll remember as soon as I press the 'Publish Post' button.




Swans and swan imagery are turning up in my life over and over again.




Not long after the suicide attempt, I was browsing the Internet, flicking idly from page to page, and for some inexplicable reason swans were turning up left, right and centre. I wasn't even looking for them.




One example of this is concerned with Whitby Jet. I am a big fan of this 'stone' and have recently started to collect it. When I was looking on eBay on the day of the 'swan' synchronicity, I came across the Whitby Jet swan pendant you can see at the top of this entry. I felt strongly directed to bid for this item, and despite stiff competition, I won it!



I have done a lot of reading up on swans on metaphysical websites and basically swans represent grace.



I am still trying to digest all of this as I type this, and no doubt will be for a while, but I have a strong suspicion that the swan is my power animal.






2 comments:

S, Galloway said...

swans huh? Symbols of calm and grace. I'm no psychologist, but I hazard a guess that your connection with swans is your desire and need for calm and grace. I think you already have the grace in the form of your Lupus who is your champion and your daughter who loves you so much. They can also help give you that calm, especially in the light of other family members who seem to have a gift of breaking the serenity in your life so easily.

I believe you are on the right track. Hang in there. I think your story will one day be a postive inspiration for many, oh scratch that, I think it already is.

Sara and Randy said...

You've been tagged! See my blog for instructions!