Wednesday 8 October 2008

Sore!

I had my sterilisation operation on September 19th. It went very well, apart from waking up after the anaesthetic in such pain that even three shots of morphine did nothing for the pain. In fact, the pain was so bad that I didn't mind when the nurse suggested a Voltarol suppository for the pain, and then inserted it up my rectum after I assented to the procedure.

The morphine must have still been in my system afterwards, though, because the next day I felt well enough to pay a visit to the Mind, Body and Spirit fair at Crosby Civic Hall. Then, about an hour into my visit, I suddenly felt ill and had to come home.

I was in pain, and feeling faint, for about a week after the operation. Then the pain and feeling faint diminished a bit, but a new spectre raised its head...infection.

The scar in my navel became red and very sore. After visiting the doctor on Tuesday, I was prescribed an antibiotic ointment (Fucidin), and I've been told that if things are no better by Friday and/or the stitches are still there to return to the Womens Hospital in Liverpool.

The scar has now gone swollen and turned an interesting shade of purple.

One good thing has happened recently. Last night, Paul began to teach Gabrielle some more chess moves. He used to be a junior chess champion, so Gabs is in good hands. There is a chess club during school time on Mondays and Wednesdays, so she can try out her new skills on her class mates.

I've also started my jewellery making again, what with the long autumn evenings drawing in. Hopefully I'll build up my stock again for my eBay shop. Even more hopefully, maybe I'll sell some of them.

No comments: