Saturday 13 October 2007

BiBi's Last Day




This is what I posted in BiBi's Catster Diary after she passed over the Bridge...

The Rainbow Bridge

September 12th 2007 12:10 pm [link to this entry]

Well, a lot has happened since I purred my last diary entry.

I was very, very ill on Monday. It hurt for me to be lifted up, so I made myself comfortable on Barney's bed downstairs. Meowmie got down on the floor next to me and stroked me, telling me all the time how beautiful and how loved I was.

She stayed on the floor next to me all evening, stroking me and telling me how much she loved me, right through until 3:50am in the morning, (September 11th), when I felt really, really strange. Meowmie picked me up and held me like a baby as I took a few gasps...and then something strange happened.

The pain went away. The discomfort left me, never to return. My lumps has disappeared and I could run free again. My heart felt light, full of love and joy. I felt myself rise up high, so high that I could look down on everything, just like a bird.

I looked back and saw Meowmie take my body and clean it lovingly. She gently placed it on my cat bed, in front of a large candle and incense.

When daylight finally broke through the window, heralding a new day, Meowmie went into the front garden and plucked the biggest, most aromatic pink rose and placed it lovingly on my body.

All of my furblings came and said goodbye to me.

I wondered why they were saying 'Goodbye', because I was still close to them.

Then I saw a wonderful rainbow-coloured light. As I watched, I saw it take shape into a beautiful arched bridge.

I felt compelled to cross this lovely bridge. I knew instinctively that there was love, light and joy across there.

Across the other side there was a field of emerald green grass. A milky stream ran alongside. The sky was an incredible shade of azure blue. It was neither too hot nor too cold, but just right.

Then I saw some figures in the distance. As they came close to me, I saw that they were my loved ones who had already passed over.

I ran to greet them, feeling as light as a feather....



Goodbye, beautiful BiBi!

1 comment:

Atlantean Crystal said...

This is so beautiful. Bless darling Bibi. She was truly blessed to have such a wonderful Meowmie like you. (((((MaoMao)))))